A Comprehensive Guide To Neck Pain: Causes, Treatments, & Home Remedies
Trying to dig out the root cause and effective treatment?
Here is the answer to your every question. Read the article till the end……….
The discomfort in the neck can lead to severe pain. It could be due to poor posture, osteoarthritis, deficiency of essential nutrients, or any other reason. Whatever it is, identifying the key cause of the problem is vital for effective treatment.
Our neck, also called the cervical spine, is a joint network of bones, nerves,& muscles. Its main function is to provide support as well as to the head. However, sometimes it becomes quite painful due to abnormalities & injury. As per the recent survey, 70% of the population worldwide is affected by neck pain at some point in their life. The mild ache in the neck can be overcome with home remedies and exercises while shooting & chronic pain need special treatment. If you want to heal with fewer drugs and medication, it would be best to seek physiotherapy treatment in Chandigarh or any other city.
Here we are going to discuss key causes, home treatment and effective treatment for neck pain.
You might not know; however, wearing extra pounds can indeed lead to pain and discomfort in the neck. It puts excess pressure on the spine and imbalances spine structure, making it difficult to bend the neck.
Car whiplash has been reported as the other main cause of neck pain. In most auto accidents, the head forces to back & forth beyond its optimal range of mobility. And this unnatural movement affects the ligaments & muscles of the neck, ultimately leading to pain, numbness, stiffness. Apart from car accidents, whiplash can also occur due to other trauma like sports and fall.
- Poor Posture
Excessive use of phone, laptop and tabs causes prolonged poor posture, which also leads to neck pain. If you work on the computer from 9 to 5, paying attention to your posture is advisable as it elevates muscle tension and triggers neck pain.
Being stressed and tense also emerges from shooting pain in the neck. Actually, mental stress also affects neck muscles by making them quite stiff. If effective measures are not taken to manage stress, the neck may travel to the shoulder and even cause headaches.
- Nerve Compression
The compressed spine nerve can also radiate pain in the neck region. And in extreme cases can also affect the head, eyes, jaw, and arms. Physiotherapy treatment along with non-steroidal anti-inflammatories like Aspirin can help to reduce such kinds of neck pain. Its most common cause is herniated disc and spurs/
- Infection & Disease
Certain disorders like osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Meningitis, Heart attack, spinal infection are also significant causes of neck aches.
Home Remedies For Neck Pain-:
- Use heating pads and ice packs to relieve pain as well as stiffness.
- Avoid sudden movement, but stretch your neck gently more often.
- Take mild pain relievers like ibuprofen and aspirin.
- Add a few drops of apple cider vinegar in warm bathing water.
- Epsom salt also has anti-inflammatory properties and can be used to treat neck pain.
- Avoid sitting and standing too long. And try to keep your back straight while sitting on the PC for hours.
- Don’t ever tuck your cell phone between your ear, neck and shoulder.
- Get a gentle massage with therapeutic oil at least once a week.
- Do not carry heavy-weight bags on your shoulder.
- Keep your head and neck aligned with your body while sleeping, and avoid sleeping on your stomach. If possible, sleep without a pillow.
- Stop smoking as tobacco also increases neck pain.
If your neck pain does not go away with the above home remedies, then it is okay; otherwise, you need to undergo a physical examination, X-ray, CT scan, MRI, and several lab tests. Once physicians diagnose the real cause of the pain, they will craft the treatment plan. Doctors may subscribe to your medication and tell you to perform certain exercises. If your condition is found to be very sensitive, they may also suggest surgery.