A thoracic specialist performs surgical treatments for people who are suffering from ailments and diseases which affect the chest. The chest is comprised of the lungs, the heart, the trachea (windpipe) and the esophagus diaphragm and the chest wall. Thoracic specialist Singapore is able to treat a range of conditions and ailments that require surgery on the chest, such as the esophagus and heart disease cancer, as also chest trauma as well as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Thoracic Specialist Singapore is also known as cardiothoracic surgeons, as well as cardiac surgeons. They focus specifically on heart surgery.
Thoracic surgery generally used for:
- Analyzes the medical background of a patient and informs the patient about the medical condition, which includes post-surgical treatment and follow-up medical care
- Conducts a physical examination which includes the assessment of vital indicators and blood pressure, like blood pressure and weight; as well as the health of the lungs, the heart and blood vessels
- Additionally, it interprets imaging and lab tests and prescribes medicines
- The doctor will order and evaluate the results of tests to determine diagnosis, including EKG echocardiogram and cardiac catheterization
- Treats acute and chronic illnesses as well as conditions that are affecting the major organs as well as structures of the chest.
- We collaborate with your primary doctor, Pulmonologist, cardiologist and other doctors to ensure that you receive the best quality medical care.
- The term thoracic specialist is recognized by the following titles: including the lung surgeon, chest surgeon, heart surgeon and the lung general surgeon.
Who should see an Otolaryngologist?
Most of the time, patients visit an expert in the event that their primary physician or another physician discovers or suspects a problem that necessitates surgery to the chest, such as chest cancers, heart diseases, or stomach swallowing disorders. Consulting a qualified specialist in thoracic surgery Singapore to seek prompt treatment or preventive care before serious complications occur is the best method to reduce the risk of permanent damage to the organ will result in permanent disability, and life-threatening illnesses.
Thoracic surgery treats patients suffering from these symptoms or conditions:
- Chest injuries, such as an cut to a wound that has been stabbed or chest injury
- The pain in your chest can cause pain in your shoulders, arms jaw, or neck
- You might feel your heart beats
- Passing out
- Trouble breathing
- If you are suffering from any of the diseases listed above, ensure that you contact 911 immediately. When you’re in the hospital, an ambulance physician will identify the root of your symptoms. He’ll be able to have a specialist from thoracic surgery (or an expert in cardiac surgery) evaluate you to determine that you’ll require chest surgery.
Thoracic surgeons also treat patients suffering from these conditions and signs:
- Cough is a sign of lung cancer
- Acid reflux or heartburn that is causing harm to your esophagus or doesn’t improve with nonsurgical treatments
- Trouble swallowing and regurgitating food
What diseases and ailments can a surgeon treat with the chest treatment?
Based on the particulars of their procedure a specialist in the field of thoracic surgery addresses the following conditions and issues:
- Abnormalities that affect the vessels of major importance, for instance an Aortic Aneurysm and contraction (narrowing) of the Aorta
- Atrial fibrillation can be described as an irregularly fast and irregular heartbeat.
- Birth defects, like atrial septal defects (ASD) as well as the ventral septal defect (VSD) and Tetralogy of Fallot
- Tumors and cancers of chest, which includes the esophagus and the lung, as well as the chest wall
- Chest trauma and injuries, including the mentioned crush injuries, in addition to stabbing or shooting wounds
- Heart disease is also known as Coronary (blocked coronary arteries) is a condition that could cause coronary heart attacks as well as angina
- Esophageal disorders, including Barrett’s Esophagus, hiatal Hernia, gastroesophage reflux disease (GERD) and issues with esophageal motility.
- Heart failure is a failure by the heart muscle provide enough oxygenated blood to the human body
- Heart valve problems, such as an aortic valve issue and narrowing (narrowing) and regurgitation (leaking) of the valves for the mitral and aortic.
- Hyperhidrosis, excessive sweating
What kind of tests will a surgeon for thoracic surgery perform or recommend?
The Thoracic specialist can carry out, request or review a variety of diagnostic and screening tests, like:
- Biopsy tests are used to evaluate the quality of the tissue sample to determine if it is cancer-free or other ailments
- Esophagus tests, such as manometry and the esophageal.
- General health tests comprise the full the blood count (CBC) along with the chest X-ray and urinalysis as well as testing for the sugar in blood (sugar) test along with the screening of liver and kidney function tests for cholesterol and thyroid hormones, as well as screening for blood pressure
- Heart tests include electrocardiogram, echocardiogram and cardiac enzyme tests Stress testing for heart as well as Holter recording of the heart.
- Imaging tests can include ultrasounds, X-rays, computed tomography (CT) scans, nuclear scans, magnetic resonance (MRI)
- Lung and breathing tests such as methacholine test, and Pulse oximetry and the examination of blood gas concentrations in the blood vessels.
What kinds of treatments and procedures are thoracic surgeons able to perform or would they recommend?
Thoracic surgeons perform a variety of procedures and surgeries to treat and diagnosing conditions and illnesses that affect the chest. Thoracic surgeons generally work in conjunction with other specialists including gastroenterologists and cardiologists, and pulmonologists.
Thoracic surgeons are licensed to perform surgeries on organs and structures in the chest. However they are highly skilled surgeons who tend to focus on a particular organ or area. Thoracic surgeon who focuses on the health of the esophagus and the lungs as well as other structures in the chest is often known as general Thoracic Specialist Singapore. Based on the particulars of their expertise, carry out the following surgeries and procedures:
- Endoscopy and Endoscopic Treatment include the bronchoscopy treatment in order to diagnose and treat various breathing and lung conditions.
- Esophageal surgery, which includes the repair of hiatal hernias as and an anti-reflux procedure (fundoplication) for treating gastroesophageal disorder (GERD)
- Treatment for hyperhidrosis that stops excessive sweating. A nerve is cut by the surgeon inside the chest, which transmits information to the sweat glands.
- Lung cancer screening Singapore is used to detect lung diseases that have a end-of-life due to these ailments like emphysema and the emphysema
- The procedure of Pneumonectomy, also known as Lobectomy (removal completely or a part of the lung) to treat lung cancer and other lung-related diseases.