Hysteroscopy examines the inside of the cervix and uterus by using a thin, lighted, flexible tube known as a hysteroscope. Other names of hysteroscopy are hysteroscopic surgery, diagnostic hysteroscopy, and operative hysteroscopy. Your gynecologist inserts the device through the vagina. The tube that is inserted has a camera on it that helps to send images of the uterus onto a video screen. The procedure is done by expert doctors who help diagnose and treat the causes of abnormal bleeding, uterine diseases, and many other conditions. Hysteroscopy cost vary from case to case and depend upon many factors.
Why is hysteroscopy done?
It is a process used to examine the inside of the womb and is carried out by an instrument known as a hysteroscopy. Images are sent to monitor so that doctors can see and check inside your uterus. During the process, no cuts are made as the instrument is passed through a person’s vagina. Hysteroscopy is offered by Queen’s gynecology and is done for many reasons:
- The procedure is done to diagnose the main cause of abnormal bleeding.
- It assists doctors in finding the reason for infertility. The inability to get pregnant after a year of trying
- Doctors use it to determine the reason behind repeated miscarriages.
- The procedure is also done by a doctor to diagnose and remove fibroids as well as polyps. There are types of abnormal growths in the uterus however are usually not cancerous.
- It also helps to remove scar tissue from the uterus
- Doctors do this process to remove an intrauterine device. It is a tiny plastic device placed inside the uterus for pregnancy prevention.
- Doctors also use it to perform a biopsy, a procedure to remove a small tissue sample for testing.
- It is used to Implant a permanent birth control device into the fallopian tubes for women who don’t want to conceive.
What are the symptoms when you need a hysteroscopy?
During a hysteroscopy procedure done by the best gynecologist in Delhi, insert a thin tube with a light on the end into your vagina. Through this process, they can see your cervix and the uterus. They may also take a sample for later testing if they find anything abnormal or any symptoms. A person may need this test if:
- It is done when a woman is longer or heavier than usual or bleeding between periods.
- A woman has abnormal Pap test results.
- If a woman experiences bleeding after menopause.
- If a doctor determines fibroids, polyps, or scarring on your uterus.
- You’ve had more than one miscarriage or are facing problems in conceiving.
- Your doctor needs a small tissue sample for biopsy. Or if your IUD has come out of place.
What to expect before hysteroscopy?
Before the best gynecologist ensures that you need a hysteroscopy, they will talk to you and also answer any questions you may have. They will :
- Take a medical history and ask for all details about the medications the patient takes.
- A doctor will do a physical exam, pelvic exam, and pregnancy test. Depending on the needs, there may be a need for a blood test or complete other diagnostic tests.
What is the procedure of hysteroscopy?
The procedure is completed on an outpatient basis, and there is no need for anesthesia; just local anesthesia is given to numb the cervix. During the entire process
- The patient will lie on a couch, and a speculum may be placed into the vagina to hold it open.
- After this hysteroscope is passed into your womb, and fluid is gently pumped inside to make it easy for a gynecologist to see
- The camera will help send pictures to a monitor so that doctors can diagnose and treat any health issues.
A hysteroscopy can also be used to determine and remove an intrauterine device to remove small fibroids or polyps, place a contraceptive implant, or perform a procedure medically termed endometrial ablation.
How painful is a hysteroscopy? Is it safe?
Hysteroscopy is entirely considered a safe procedure. However, with any surgery, complications can occur. With hysteroscopy, complications chances are only in 1 percent of cases. Patients can experience heavy bleeding, infection, or reaction to anesthesia in terms of pain. It can vary from one woman to another. Some may feel no pain, and others can experience mild pain. The best gynecologist will help, and the patient can discuss the tension level of pain. Queen’s Gynecology is among the best clinic offering hysteroscopic surgery in Delhi.
How much time will it take for recovery from a hysteroscopy procedure?
One of the most common uses of hysteroscopy at Queen’s gynecology is to find the main cause of abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB) and take an endometrial biopsy under vision. Other conditions where hysteroscopy is used when a woman experiences any of the above symptoms. It is a one-day surgery process, and the patient will start feeling better just after the procedure and can carry out a daily routine the same day all foil Hysteroscopy is a one-day surgery. You will start feeling better after the procedure and could return to your daily routine the day following the surgery.
Why Queen’s gynecology?
Queen’s gynecology is one of the best clinics in Delhi, providing hysteroscopic treatment to women experiencing certain issues. They have expert doctors who perform office hysteroscopy before deciding on surgery. After the successful uterus removal by the experts, the recovery is quick; however, it is normal to have minor cramping or minimal bleeding along with bloody discharge after the procedure. It might persist for a few days, and they may give medications to ease the symptoms. After the procedure, periods may be on different dates.
What is the overall cost of uterus removal surgery or hysteroscopy?
The cost of uterus removal surgery varies and depends on various factors. The specific hysteroscopy cost may increase or decrease depending upon the method used for your hysterectomy, the parts removed, your choice of the gynecologist, their years of experience, hospital vicinity, along with other medical and non-medical expenses.
Hysteroscopy is a simple process that is carried out on an outpatient basis, and patients normally need to stay in the hospital overnight. It is carried out under anesthetic
and is a quick process that does not involve any cuts to the skin. Generally, local anesthesia is used to numb your cervix or uterus. The hysteroscopy cost at Queen’s gynecology is nominal and depends upon many factors. You can contact the best surgeon in Delhi and can discuss all expenses. At Queen’s gynecology, A patient can connect with the expert Laparoscopic Uterus removal surgeon and discuss their budget for the Laparoscopic hysterectomy surgery, also known as keyhole surgery. It is better to talk with the best gynecologist and surgeon at Queen’s gynecology if you are experiencing any of the above-listed symptoms or if you want to discuss more about hysteroscopy or about any other gynecologic procedures. Dr. Proya Shukla and Dr. Ruchi Tandn work as a team and has a team of dedicated professionals who are committed to providing exceptional care. They help patients by providing them with all details about the procedure and reducing their anxiety about The safest, least invasive, and most cost-effective procedure of uterus removal.