Do you know how many times in a day you smile? When we are happy and confident, we grin nearly 40 to 50 times. Babies who are not conscious about their life or smile can do it more than 400 times a day. So, what is stopping you from smiling? Is it your crooked teeth? Then come to the private cosmetic dentists.
How does this Cosmetic Dentistry treatment help its users?
This treatment is a growing field within dentistry. This refers to any kind of dental work that will improve the appearance of the teeth, gum, or bite. It mainly focuses on dental aesthetics in size, shape, alignment, position, color, and smile appearance. Some of the dentists in London refer to themselves as cosmetic dentists because they have special training and education in this field.
Cosmetic dentistry includes different kinds of treatments. They are:
- Teeth whitening: with age our teeth change their colour. This is normal because our lifestyle is generally not healthy. Drinking coffee, tea, red wine, and eating a lot of sugary food will stain our teeth. Many people do not maintain proper dental hygiene and so it leads to stains or discoloration over the years. Luckily now we have teeth whitening cosmetic treatment that provides the best result and makes the patient happy. This is the most popular type of cosmetic dentistry. Something the dentists mention to all the patients is that all the mouths are not the same so the bleaching effect will not have the same reaction. For some severe stains, the dentist might use a different method to find a better and safe whitening.
- Bonding and veneers: bonding is a procedure to fill the cracks or the chips in between the teeth. People avail of this treatment because it covers the stained teeth. The dentist will make a bonding solution for the teeth of a lighter shade. On the first appointment, your dentist will paint the bonding solution on the surface of the tooth. Veneers stay for longer than bonding because it consists of a porcelain plastic shell that will cover the teeth. Generally, this method will last for several years without any maintenance. People who have spaces or chips can opt for bonding and veneers. Before the treatment, the dentist will take an impression of the teeth. However, this entire treatment can take place in 2 or 3 appointments if the first impression of the teeth is not accurate.
- Enamel shaping: many people all over the world have overlapping, crowded or crooked teeth. For some braces are not a good option so they use enamel shaping. In this procedure, the dentist needs to shave down the tooth that is sticking out or covering other teeth too much. He can also re-shape the teeth that are too wide or long. He can also fill up the empty spaces or the cracks of the teeth with bonding. The enamel shaping and bonding treatments complement each other. The best part is it shows results immediately.
- Bridges and crowns: unfortunately, if someone has a tooth with severe damage or decay, the crown treatment will be the best cosmetic dentistry for it. Sometimes the crowns are called the ‘Caps’ because it covers the tooth. It is made of crowns, resins, porcelain, or acrylic and it is fused to metal. It does not come off easily while the user is chewing or biting. It is custom-fitted so the dentist will make a mould of your tooth which requires the crown. Some of the dental clinics in London make the crown on the same day but most of them need a second appointment. In between the two appointments, the patient will be given a temporary crown to cover up the tooth. It generally lasts for 15 years but if you take care of it then it will long last.
- Dental implants: if someone wants a permanent solution to the missing teeth then implants are the best option. The implants get screwed into the user’s jawbone surgically. This treatment is not for everyone to understand. The dentist will ask for an X-Ray report which will provide the details. If the dentist approves the implant then he will surgically place the titanium screws into the jawbone where the implant will stick. This treatment happens in some appointments, it might take 4 to 6 months to complete the entire procedure.
Advantages of cosmetic dentistry are:
- Looks good: it is a guarantee from all the dentists that once this treatment is over the patient will look good. The stain or crooked tooth will disappear forever. Teeth will turn whiter and as a user, you will feel good to click photos or talk to people.
- Confidence: a person whose teeth do not look good or suffer from bad breath will lack the confidence to meet people. This treatment impacts one’s self-esteem in many ways and this will be reflected in the way he talks, eats, or speaks in public.
- Improves diet: if someone has a tooth missing then he will surely face problems in chewing. An uneven bite will give rise to indigestion and several other stomach problems. This cosmetic treatment will strengthen the bite and will improve the ability to chew food properly.
Every treatment has risks, be it medical or cosmetic treatment. If one decides to visit the best clinic and the best doctor then he does not need to worry much about it. If your dentist approves then do not worry much, have faith in him, and go for it. After the treatment does not start following your old lifestyle. Follow all the rules which the dentist prescribes. This will be good for your oral and physical health.
Cosmetic dentistry has helped thousands of people over the years by making them feel confident while talking or smiling. This treatment is improving the dental health of all its patients. Once you visit the dentist in Battersea at Chatfield Dental Centre for this treatment be sure that you can smile like a child again.