South Korea has the highest global rate of plastic surgery, with nearly 1 in 5 women having a procedure at some point in their lives (ISAPS.org). But beyond aesthetics, patients choose cosmetic procedures for various reasons. Some of these include, like enhancing features to feel confident, hiding imperfections, or controlling the aging process.
Korean plastic surgeons are popular for their expertise in minimally invasive techniques for body contouring that attract patients from across borders.
With so many options available, finding the right clinic becomes difficult. However, ClinicsonCall is your reliable guide that links you to top Korean Plastic Surgery Clinics. So, in this blog we’ll discuss everything you need to know about getting the surgery in the country.
Table of Contents
What Should You Know About Plastic Surgery in South Korea?
There are several reasons that make the country popular in terms of cosmetic procedures, such as:
Experienced Plastic Surgeons:
- Plastic surgeons in South Korea are highly specialized and offer a high level of expertise in their procedures.
- For example, Dr. Kim Kyung has been performing breast reconstruction surgeries for 26 years, which shows his excellence towards such surgeries.
- Patients benefit from plastic surgeons with focused knowledge and experience in their required area of plastic surgery.
- South Korea is globally recognized for its advanced and innovative plastic surgery techniques like stem cell therapy and fat grafting.
- The country heavily invests in advanced equipment and techniques to ensure precision and safety in procedures.
- Korean plastic surgeons use augmented and virtual reality technology through which patients can see expected surgical outcomes before surgery.
- Plastic surgeons in South Korea prefer natural-looking results and use techniques to enhance features that complement their overall appearance.
- They believe in subtle beauty and promote natural aesthetics among patients.
What are the Benefits of Korean Plastic Surgery?
- Plastic surgery procedures in South Korea are 15-20% less than that in the USA, UK and Europe, making it a top priority for people worldwide.
- The country is famous for plastic surgery medical tourism, and its commitment to offering the best services makes it a safe place for all.
- South Korea has a well-established system for international patients where they receive support from English-speaking staff that help them throughout their stay.
- Unlike countries such as the USA, Germany and Spain, where you have to wait for months for a procedure, you can schedule your surgery within 15 days.
How to Choose the Best Plastic Surgery Clinic in South Korea?
To select the best clinic for your plastic surgery you need to look at the following factors:
- Look for clinics that are accredited by the Korean Ministry of Health and Welfare, which will show that the clinic follows high medical standards.
Patient Reviews and Testimonials:
- Read reviews and testimonials of previous patients from reliable platforms like Google, Trustpilot or clinic-specific websites.
- Positive reviews indicate a high level of patient satisfaction, while negative reviews show poor service.
- AIf possible, ask for before-and-after photos of previous patients who underwent similar procedures. This can give you an idea visual representation of the surgeon’s skill and the clinic’s overall quality.
What are the Most Common Cosmetic Procedures Performed in the Country?
Korean clinics are famous for the following cosmetic procedures:
Rhinoplasty (Nose Job):
- Plastic Surgeons in South Korea perform this minimally invasive procedure to reshape or resize the nose.
- The procedure takes 1-3 hours, and patients do not require an overnight stay as it is performed on an outpatient basis.
- It involves enhancing breast size through the use of implants or fat transfer.
- The procedure takes 2-3 hours to complete, and you will stay at the hospital for two days.
- This minimally invasive procedure is common among people who want to remove fat surgically. Korean Plastic Surgeons remove excess fat from specific areas like thighs, hips, arms and stomach through suction.
- The procedure takes 1-3 hours and requires 2-3 days of hospital stay.
- A facelift involves tightening and lifting facial skin to reduce signs of aging. Korean Specialists perform various techniques like mid-facelifts to meet patients’ expectations.
- The procedure usually takes 2-4 hours, depending on the extent of lifting, and the patient is monitored for two days.
Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery):
- Blepharoplasty involves removing excess skin or fat from the eyelids to rejuvenate the eyes. Korean Specialists are famous worldwide for offering cat eye procedures.
- The surgery takes 1-2 hours and can be performed as an outpatient, or in some cases, one day of hospitalization is recommended.
Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty):
- During this procedure, plastic surgeons remove excess fat tissues from the abdominal area while tightening muscles.
- It requires 1-2 days of hospital stay and is completed in 2-4 hours.
- The procedure involves removing excess breast tissue to reduce size and reshape breasts.
- Based on the complexity of the procedure, it lasts 2-4 hours and requires two days of monitoring at the hospital.
- It involves a combination of surgeries, including breast lift, thigh lift, tummy tuck and facelift to address post-pregnancy body changes.
- The surgery takes several hours, and a hospital stay of 2-3 days is needed.
What Factors Affect the Cost of Plastic Surgery in South Korea?
Several factors affect the cost, but some of the important ones include:
Medical Facility Reputation:
- Reputed hospitals such as ID Hospital charge more as they have experienced surgeons who use minimally invasive techniques.
Type of Procedure:
- The cost of plastic surgery depends on the complexity and nature of the procedure.
- For example, a mommy makeover that involves a combination of liposuction, tummy tuck, breast lift and butt lift costs more than a simple surgery.
- The choice of anesthesia affects overall surgical cost, with general anesthesia being more expensive than local anesthesia.
South Korea’s renowned clinics, doctors, and innovative techniques make it a global leader in cosmetic surgery. By prioritizing factors like accreditation, patient reviews, and surgeon expertise, you can find the perfect clinic to transform your looks.
But, it’s important to research and invest time in finding the right fit. If this step feels overwhelming you can always contact Medical Tourism Companies such as ClinicsonCall, who have a brilliant track record of successful patient cases.