As we age, our skin gradually loses collagen and elastin. This is what leads to sagging and wrinkles, which can have a profound effect on self-esteem.
Profhilo is a popular anti-aging treatment that can restore firmness and improve skin texture. (See how it works, treatment areas and benefits here: https://ozheanzoey.com/profhilo/.) With the rise of DIY beauty treatments, some people may be tempted to try to do Profhilo themselves at home.
But is that even safe? Keep reading this article to see for yourself whether attempting a DIY Profhilo treatment is safe and effective.
What is Profhilo?
Profhilo is a type of dermal filler made from hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the body. It differs from traditional fillers in that it is not designed to add volume to the skin.
Instead, it is injected just beneath the skin’s surface to help in retaining moisture in the skin and stimulate collagen and elastin production to give a more radiant appearance. The treatment involves multiple injections over several areas of the face, chest, back or neck, depending on the desired outcome.
Profhilo is a relatively new treatment, having been around since 2015. It has gained popularity in recent years thanks to its ability to improve skin texture and firmness without adding volume. It is often used to treat sagging skin, fine lines, and wrinkles.
DIY Profhilo: What You Need to Know
While there is no denying that DIY beauty treatments are on the rise, attempting a Profhilo treatment at home is not recommended. Profhilo is a medical procedure that should only be performed by a qualified and experienced medical professional. Here’s what you need to know before attempting a DIY treatment:
- Quality of the product: When attempting a Profhilo treatment, it’s important to use a high-quality product specifically designed for use on the specific treatment areas. Using a low-quality or impure product could lead to complications such as infection or allergic reaction.
- Proper technique: Profhilo injections require a specific technique to ensure the product is evenly and accurately distributed. Attempting to do this yourself without proper training could lead to uneven results or over-injection in some areas.
- Hygiene: Proper hygiene is crucial when performing a Profhilo treatment. That’s why skilled plastic surgeons use only clean and sterile equipment and sanitize hands and the treatment area thoroughly before and after the procedure.
- Pain management: Profhilo injections can be uncomfortable or painful, particularly if you are not used to needles. It’s important to use appropriate pain management techniques, such as topical anesthetics or ice packs, to minimize discomfort.
- Aftercare: Proper aftercare is important to ensure you heal properly and avoid complications. This may include avoiding certain activities or products for some time, applying ice packs or topical ointments, and monitoring the treatment area for signs of infection or allergic reaction.
The Risks of DIY Profhilo
While the idea of saving money and doing a treatment at home may be tempting, attempting a DIY Profhilo treatment is not without risks. Here are some of the potential risks of attempting a Profhilo treatment at home:
- Infection: Anytime a needle pierces the skin, there is a risk of infection. If the needle or injection site is not properly sanitized, it could lead to an infection that could be difficult to treat.
- Uneven results: Profhilo requires multiple injections over a wide area of the face or neck. Attempting to do this yourself could lead to uneven results or over-injection in some areas.
- Damage to surrounding tissues: Profhilo is injected just beneath the surface of the skin. If the needle is not properly placed, it could damage surrounding tissues, including nerves and blood vessels. This could result in permanent damage or scarring.
- Allergic reaction: While rare, there is a risk of an allergic reaction to the hyaluronic acid-based solution used in Profhilo. Attempting a DIY treatment increases the risk of an allergic reaction, as there is no guarantee of the quality or purity of the solution used.
- Lack of training and expertise: As already explained, Profhilo is a medical procedure that requires specialized training and expertise. Attempting to do a DIY treatment without proper training could lead to serious complications.
More Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Attempt DIY Profhilo
Attempting a DIY Profhilo treatment is not recommended for several reasons. Here are some of the main reasons why you should avoid attempting a DIY treatment:
- Safety concerns: The risks of attempting a DIY Profhilo treatment are significant. Infection, damage to surrounding tissues, and allergic reactions are all possible complications that could result in permanent damage or scarring.
- Uneven results: Profhilo requires multiple injections over a wide area. Attempting to do this yourself could lead to uneven results or over-injection in some areas.
- Cost savings are not worth the risk: While attempting a DIY treatment to save money may be tempting, the risks far outweigh any potential cost savings. In the event of a complication, the cost of medical treatment could be far higher than that of a professional treatment.
Professional Profhilo: What You Need to Know
If you’re considering an expert-guided Profhilo treatment, please research and choose a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon. Here’s a quick roundup of what you need to know about professional Profhilo treatments:
- Qualifications and experience: Profhilo should only be performed by a qualified and experienced medical professional, such as a dermatologist, plastic surgeon, or nurse practitioner.
- Safety measures: A professional will take the necessary safety measures to ensure the treatment is as safe and effective as possible. This includes proper sanitation and injection techniques.
- Customized treatment plan: A professional will create a customized treatment plan based on your specific needs and goals. This will ensure that the treatment is tailored to your individual needs and will provide the best possible results.
- Follow-up care: A professional will provide follow-up care to ensure that you are healing properly and that the results are as expected. They will also be able to address any concerns or complications that may arise.
The Bottom Line
Attempting a DIY Profhilo treatment is not a wise idea. The risks of infection, damage to surrounding tissues, and allergic reactions are significant. And the lack of training and expertise could lead to serious complications.
That said, if you’re interested in this treatment, choose a board-certified plastic surgeon for your Profhilo treatment to ensure that it is as safe and effective as possible. By researching and choosing the right professional, you can achieve the best possible results and restore firmness and texture to your skin.
If you’re ready to restore firmness and texture to your skin with a safe and effective Profhilo treatment, schedule a consultation with the experienced team at Ozhean Zoey Medical & Aesthetic clinic today. Our skilled professionals will work with you to create a customized treatment plan based on your needs and goals, ensuring you achieve the best possible results. Contact us now to schedule your consultation and take the first step toward rejuvenated, youthful-looking skin.
Ozhean Zoey Medical & Aesthetic clinic
111 Somerset Rd,
#04-10 TripleOne Somerset,
+65 6235 4534