How Multiple Sclerosis Can Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
One of the most prevailing symptoms of multiple sclerosis (MS) in men is Erectile dysfunction, affecting between 23 and 91 percent of those who have the disease. Multiple sclerosis is a disease that causes nerve damage to worsen over time. ED can arise or worsen when neurons connected with the erectile response are affected, resulting in poor stimulation and/or arousal.
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a common medical issue that can affect men of any age, but it is more common in males over the age of 65. Stress, high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes, alcohol abuse, and certain medications can all contribute to ED.
You’re not alone if you’ve had problems with your intercourse life. Multiple sclerosis (MS) can have an influence on your physical and emotional health, which can affect your sexual desire and relationships.
In a survey of adults with MS, more than 80% of intercourse active survey participants claimed they had intercourse issues. Sexual issues, if left untreated, can have a detrimental impact on your quality of life. That’s why it’s critical to take action to address them and to seek assistance when necessary. Even cenforce 200 is an advisable medicine for treating ED. Read on for advice on how to have a good intercourse life while living with MS.
Why MS can have an impact on your intercourse health?
MS is an autoimmune illness that affects both the nerves’ protective layer and the nerves themselves. It has the possibility to wreak havoc on the nerve pathways that connect your brain to your intercourse organs. It may be difficult for you to become intercourse aroused or have an orgasm as a result of this.
Other MS symptoms can have an impact on your intercourse life. Muscle weakness, spasms, or soreness, for example, can make it difficult to have coitus. Your intercourse desire and personal connections may be harmed by fatigue or mood swings. After having MS, some people may feel less sexually appealing or confident. Speak with your doctor or another member of your healthcare team if you suspect MS is hurting your sex desire, sexual sensation, or sexual relationship.
Causes linked with Multiple Sclerosis
Erections happen when the brain sends signals to the muscles of the penis, allowing blood to flow into two chambers on the bottom of the penis. The penis swells and becomes hard as a result of the increased blood supply.
Erections can occur as a result of intercourse arousal or physical stimulation of the penis. These distinctions are critical because they entail two separate neurophysiological mechanisms:
- Erections are triggered by erotic thoughts, touch, or visual cues, which are processed by the brain and transmitted down the spinal cord.
- Erections caused by stimulation are caused by nerves in the lower region of the spinal cord, which bypass the brain.
What is the significance of this? Demyelination, a process in which the immune system attacks and takes away the insulating membrane around a nerve called the myelin sheath, causes nerve damage in Multiple Sclerosis. The pathways of communication between nerves can be badly harmed when this happens.
The origin and symptoms of ED differ depending on where demyelination occurs. Some men, for example, may be able to get an erection from physical stimulation but not from the erotic stimulation, or vice versa. This can be especially true for younger MS patients.
The impairment may be more pronounced in other circumstances. MS could be the major cause or simply a secondary element exacerbating an existing condition in this situation.
However, it’s crucial to understand that ED in men with MS entails more than just acquiring a cenforce 200 or Cialis prescription. A review of your MS-related symptoms, your current treatment, and any psychological challenges you may be facing as a result of your disease should all be part of the investigation. Among the things to think about are:
- If your penis seems numb or you’re having trouble ejaculating, it’s time to see a doctor
- If you’re having problems with urine leaks during intercourse.
- If there are psychological aspects that need to be addressed separately from the bodily symptoms, such as mood or self-esteem.
- If MS symptoms like fatigue or spasticity are a factor.
- If antidepressant usage, which is frequent in ED, is causing or contributing to ED, it should be investigated.
- If anticholinergics, which are used to address urinary issues, are a concern.
Doctors may offer MS-specific treatment after considering all of these factors, which can either augment or replace normal ED drugs like cenforce 200.
Instructions on other types of stimulation to overcome impaired arousal may be included. Medications like cenforce 200 can be used to control abnormal sensations.
Injectable treatments such as alprostadil, papaverine, and phentolamine, which cause the dilation of blood vessels in the penis, can typically improve erection as an alternative to oral ED therapies. Penile implants are also gaining popularity among men who have failed to respond to traditional forms of treatment.
- When suffering from multiple sclerosis, reduce the intake of drugs, alcohol, and smoke.
- Medications like cenforce 200 can help reduce the symptoms of ED in multiple sclerosis symptoms.
- Penile injections can be beneficial
- Use of vacuum erection devices are recommended
- Analyze and identify the root cause of the pain
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle with the right physical activity, exercise, and a balanced diet with the required nutrition.
- Practice Kegel and stretching exercise in your daily routine
Multiple Sclerosis can directly or indirectly hamper your sexual intimacy with changes in physical and mental health. This condition can challenge you in ways that are difficult to cope with but not impossible. There are many alternatives available to manage your sexual dysfunction while suffering from multiple sclerosis. Talk it out with your partner and apply new ways to achieve your sexual desires or either take a couple of therapy if needed. Inform your doctor and ask for the combination of treatments right for you.