What is Cosmetic dentistry? It is a type of dentistry aimed at creating a positive change to your teeth and your smile. This dentistry type comes in handy when your teeth are stained, discolored, worn, chipped, broken, misaligned, misshapen or has spaces between them. This dentistry type can improve the overall appearance of the smile.
Various types of cosmetic dentistry are out there; some of the famous ones are as follows:
- Teeth Whitening- Thiscosmetic treatment is known as “teeth bleaching,” used to whiten your teeth from discoloration and staining. It is one of the simplest and affordable ways to improve your smile. This can be carried out in the Teeth Whitening Charleston SCor at home, thus giving a wide range of flexibility.
- Cosmetic Dental Veneers-These are shells made out of porcelain or composite material. They’re custom made as per the patient requirement and cemented to the front side of the tooth. These are basically used to treat dental conditions such as a crooked tooth, discolored teeth, chipped teeth, or even cover spaces between the teeth. They look exceptionally realistic and are used to resolve various problems.
- Cosmetic Dental Implants- Dental implants is a custom designed metal device that is designed to replace the missing tooth, it is a device that is usually made out of titanium and is surgically placed into the jawbone in place of the missing tooth. It aims is to act as the tooth root and anchor artificial teeth such as a crown, bridge, or denture.
- Cosmetic Dental Crowns- These are customed caps specifically made to fit over your entire tooth usually made out of acrylic or porcelain that has been fused to metal to withstand biting pressure. These are used to treat poorly shaped teeth, badly decayed, broken, chipped, or have had large fillings, or to cover spaces in between teeth. The most apparent benefits of this type of tooth are that it functions as a normal tooth, so you can eat and drink without discomfort, and usually speak.
- Cosmetic Bonding- As the name suggests, tooth-colored materials are adhered (bonded) to the tooth. It is a procedure that can be used to repair or improve the appearance of a tooth that has been badly stained, broken, or chipped. This kind of treatment covers the tooth’s damage and gives a healthy impression to the tooth that has been badly stained, broken, or chipped.
The most important thing to note while considering Cosmetic Dentistry Charleston SC, is to go to an office with the expertise, training, and specialists that can fully accomplish what you are looking for. It is always a good idea to talk to your dentist to discuss what you would like to have changed and which procedure best suits your needs.